sábado, 11 de octubre de 2014

Usando Shall



“In British English, there has been a traditional rule of prescriptive grammar stating that, when expressing pure futurity (without any additional meaning such as desire or command), shall is to be used when the subject is in the first person (I or we), and will in other cases. In practice this rule is commonly not adhered to by any group of English speakers, and many speakers do not differentiate between will and shall when expressing futurity, with the use of will being much more common and less formal than shall. In many specific contexts, however, a distinction still continues.
Shall is widely used in bureaucratic documents, especially documents written by lawyers. Due to heavy misuse, its meaning is vague and the US Government's Plain Language group advises writers not to use the word.[1]

Ejercicio 03
Escriba oraciones equivalentes en español.

I shall grow old some day.
You shall go to the ball.
What shall I do next?
Shall I help you?
I shall never forget where I came from
He shall become our next king.
I'm afraid Mr. Smith shall become our new director.
Shall we move into the living room?
I shall take care of everything for you.

Every citizen shall be free to choose his occupation

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario